Updated: Aug 4, 2020
What better way to get in your veggies then to eat your meal right out of it?!
You can always mix this up any way you want! I love to have it Mexican-style like this recipe.
Try switching this up however you like! I know some people do an Italian-style stuffed pepper. Or try a barbecue-style or possibly Hawaiian-style; have fun with it or just follow this recipe, regardless, you'll be set up for success #winning and have something for any night of the week!
Maybe add some corn chips and salsa on the side along with some berries or mango!
Ingredients for 2:
*Basmati white rice and/or cauliflower rice
*1 lb Ground turkey, beef, or meat/protein you prefer
~1/2 cup refried beans
Seasoning (I just like to do taco seasoning)
2 Bell peppers - 1 per person
Toppings: avocado, lime juice, green onions, cilantro, salsa, guacamole, anything you'd like!
*I like to have cooked taco meat and rice ready to go in the fridge to throw together for any meal during the week or making it earlier in the day or the day before if I this planned in the week.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cut bell peppers in half and seed
(Or cut off the top, whatever you prefer)
3. Mix together rice, choice of protein, and refried beans and season a little if you like and add more or less of what you prefer!
4. Rub a little bit of avocado oil on the outside of the pepper
5. Stuff mixture into pepper halves - get as much as you can in there and then add a little more
6 Put in the oven for about 25 minutes or until outside looks cooked (if you haven't learned I'm not always on it with timers)
7. Add whatever toppings you'd like and serve! I like to add cilantro and lime juice with some salsa and guac on the side!
8. Dig in & enjoy!