Updated: Aug 4
My husband loves a stir fry or Chinese-American type foods, usually at a drive-thru or takeout. I'm not usually to into it because I feel all puffy and gross after so I just skip it. We were watching tv one day and a guy made a pretty simple stir fry so it inspired me to make my own!
My husband said this is literally the best thing I've ever made.
This is so simple and packed with all the vegetables! So much better for you then the take-out options.
You can add ore veggies or leave out whatever you don't prefer. I take most of the mushrooms and give him all the onions. ; ) You can also use whatever protein source you'd like, if you want one, tofu, pork, shrimp, steak, whatever sounds good!
Ingredients for 2:
8 oz Chicken Breast (or meat of choice)
5 Small-Medium Mushrooms
1 cup Snap Peas
2 cups Broccoli
2 Medium Carrots
1/4 of a White Onion
1 cup Cauliflower rice (for me!)
1 cup Basmati White Rice, cooked (for him!)
*You can use one type of whatever you prefer and use one pan! I always keep cooked rice and ready to go cauliflower rice in the fridge to toss in with any meal.
Ghee as desired
Minced Garlic, optional
Sesame Oil, about a splash
Coconut Aminos as desired
Salt & Pepper to season
1. Cook chicken breasts, or meat of choice, with a little salt and pepper.
2. Chop all the veggies while the chicken is cooking
3. Once chicken is done, set aside to let cool, then cut into cubes
4. In a skillet, over medium heat, heat about 1 tsp of minced garlic and 1 tsp ghee.
5. Toss in all your chopped chicken and veggies with a splash of sesame oil and coconut aminos.
6. Let cook about 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
7. I like to use 2 more skillets to heat cauliflower rice (mine!) in one and basmati white rice (his!) in the other, each with a bit of ghee. You can use just one skillet if it's all the same and cook it all together!
8. Divide chicken and veggies between the two (I get the mushrooms and he gets the onions).
9. Heat a little longer and I like to add just a little more coconut aminos. 10. Serve & Enjoy!