I’ve been looking for ways to do breaded chicken, zucchini, anything without the breadcrumbs or Parmesan cheese (because we got goals over here!).
I saw people online using nutritional yeast to get a Parmesan or cheese-type thing going.
Nutritional yeast is gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free, low sodium, and gives you just what we're looking for: that cheese-like flavor!
So I finally picked some up and found some almond flour sitting around and tossed it together!
Ingredients for 3-4
~1lb chicken tenders (I like the tenders because they’re just easier to work with)
1/4 cup almond flour 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
Seasonings preferred, as desired (I did Italian for this meal but love Greek as well, or maybe you want them spicy with some chili powder, you do you)
1. Heat oven (375 degrees) or air fryer (I love our Ninja Foodi for air crisping!)
2. Combine nutritional yeast, almond flour, and seasonings on a plate for coating
3. Crack egg into bowl and whisk
4. Pat chicken dry
5. Dip chicken in egg, coat chicken with dry ingredients, set aside
6. Repeat with the rest of the strips
7. Place in air crisper for about 12 min or until cooked through (depending on thickness)
*I accidentally cooked ours too long! But what can you do -shrug- we live and we learn.